From the Principal's Desk
If you are visiting or staying on campus for any reason, please stop by the office to sign in and receive a “Visitor” badge. Upon completion of your business, you must sign out of the office. This policy is implemented for the safety of the students as well as a convenience if we need to contact you in the event of an emergency.
SAFEGUARDING OUR CHILDREN
HNM School is committed to safeguarding our children. Anyone coming to volunteer at our school, or driving children to and from field trips or sporting events, must be fingerprinted and Virtus trained according to the guidelines of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. A copy of the Virtus Adult Training Certificate must be on file with the principal.
Holy Name of Mary School practices disaster drills on a monthly basis. Detailed escape plans are posted inside the door of each classroom. Students should realize the seriousness and importance of these drills. They are to proceed in silence and in an orderly manner to their designated position. In the event of an emergency, the school is prepared to provide safety and protection for the students.
The following procedures will be used in the event of a major earthquake:
- At the first sign of an earthquake, teachers will issue the "DROP" command. Students will regularly drill on proper drop and evacuation procedures.
- The teacher will assess the ability of the class to evacuate and will ascertain possible injuries.
- Students will evacuate to a central EMERGENCY ASSEMBLY AREA and be supervised until a parent or authorized adult arrives to pick up student(s).
- IN THE EVENT OF A MAJOR DESTRUCTIVE EARTHQUAKE, ALL STUDENTS WILL BE KEPT AT SCHOOL UNTIL THEY CAN BE RELEASED TO THEIR PARENT OR OTHER AUTHORIZED ADULT WHO CAN COME TO PICK THEM UP.
- We will utilize the services of parents as EMERGENCY VOLUNTEERS at the school site in the event of a major quake.
Anyone who is able to reach the school and is willing to help with our disaster plan will be greatly appreciated.